Residential Treatment for Mental Breakdown
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosing and treating mental breakdowns and other complex psychiatric and emotional issues. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by a mental breakdown to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Our residential mental breakdown treatment center can provide you the opportunity to heal and recover in a safe, welcoming environment.
If you have been suffering from a mental breakdown and have not found relief through outpatient services, residential treatment may be a good option for you.
Residential mental breakdown treatment can be the most comfortable way to recover peacefully and receive the benefits of intensive one-on-one therapy, group sessions, and holistic healing in a private, home-like setting.
Residential care at Bridges to Recovery can be especially beneficial for those with severe symptoms, including those who may have considered self-harm, or for whom prior treatment has not been effective.
Benefits of Residential Treatment for Mental Breakdown
The process of reversing the damage caused by a nervous breakdown, and addressing all the factors involved in its onset, can be long and exhaustive. But it can also be highly successful, if those who’ve suffered a mental breakdown can begin their recovery in a residential mental health treatment facility supported by trained specialists who understand how healing must proceed.
Residential treatment programs for mental breakdowns (or intensive outpatient alternatives) feature a mixture of evidence-based treatment methods, including individual therapy, group therapy and peer group activities, and family therapy sessions that let loved ones play a constructive role in recovery. If medications have been prescribed, their use will be carefully monitored and adjustments made based on the results they produce (or fail to produce).
As a supplement, life skills classes can help you make a well-adjusted return to your family, job, and daily responsibilities. Also, holistic healing practices like yoga, acupuncture, and massage therapy are especially helpful in helping you to develop your anxiety and stress management capacities. Prevention of future problems is the ultimate goal of your mental breakdown treatment. With attention to detail, a positive attitude, and the assistance of a network of loving supporters, your recovery from a mental health breakdown can provide you with a more constructive, proactive, and sustainable approach to coping with stress.
Reclaim Your Life
Care and Treatment for Nervous Breakdowns
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Residential Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care transforms lives. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential care at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. The quality and comprehensiveness of our integrated, intensive mental breakdown treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat mental breakdowns and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and Diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
Identifying The Cause of Your Mental Breakdown
At Bridges to Recovery, you’ll receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. There are a number of predictors of a nervous breakdown, any of which could push a person over the edge. Pinning down the causes of a nervous breakdown may be essential before treatment can proceed, since the triggers of high anxiety must be identified before they can be managed or avoided.
Once your treatment begins, our therapists will work with you to get to the root of your stress and anxiety.
If treatment is to be effective following your mental breakdown, it must target all the emotional and behavioral symptoms present, including those associated with any co-occurring mental health conditions.
In many instances, other mental health conditions contribute to nervous breakdowns, usually when life experiences provoke stronger than normal responses or outbreaks of symptoms.
The co-occurring conditions most frequently diagnosed in people who experience a mental breakdown include:
- Major depressive disorder
- High-functioning depression
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Complicated grief
Substance use disorders are also frequently diagnosed in people who suffer a nervous breakdown. While drug and alcohol abuse can certainly contribute to the onset of serious mental health problems, in most cases it is a response to pre-existing conditions that leave sufferers desperate to find a way to cope.
Integrated Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
While medications may play an important role in managing a mental breakdown, the best treatment is an integrative therapeutic approach. At Bridges to Recovery, patients have access to several different types of therapy provided by experts who have experience in guiding patients through them.
- Individual psychotherapy. One-on-one psychotherapy is the classic type of talk treatment that helps patients explore their emotions and experiences that underlie negative feelings and behaviors. This examination of one’s inner life sets the stage for making positive changes.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. CBT is more action oriented and is focused on setting and achieving goals, changing negative thoughts and behaviors, and generally being more aware of one’s unhealthy and unproductive patterns.
- Relational therapy. Relational therapy can help a patient learn how their relationships, life experiences, and emotions are all connected and to take steps to develop healthier relationships.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves a patient’s family is a great way to help educate those people most important in the patient’s life about their mental health and about how to support a struggling family member.
- Trauma-focused therapies. Traumatic experiences often underlie mental illnesses, and there are therapies that specifically focus on processing and reframing these traumas to help improve symptoms.
- Holistic therapies. Bridges to Recovery recognizes that the mind, body, and spirit are an integrated system, and we provide an innovative range of therapies that honors the relationship between somatic and psychological states.
Experiencing a Nervous Breakdown?
Begin Your Recovery Journey Today!
What to Expect the First Day
We understand that entering residential treatment can be overwhelming. You may be worried about your home, your family, your job, and other responsibilities—not to mention, unsure of what to expect when you arrive.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment. You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates.
You’ll have time at the end of the day to settle into your room before enjoying a delicious meal prepared by our chef. The goal of your first day is to make you comfortable, orient you to your surroundings, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment with us.
Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult, but we will do everything we can to make you feel welcome and at home. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
- Our residential facilities in Los Angeles offer a truly unique mental health treatment experience that not only provide you with the most advanced psychiatric and clinical care available, but also nurture your spirit, rejuvenate your body, and reignite your hope.
- All of our locations are luxury residences with up to six residents only, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for depression.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative holistic therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our highly-credentialed team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to achieve lasting depression relief and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from a mental breakdown, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.