At Bridges to Recovery, we believe that the key to receiving the most accurate diagnosis is through sophisticated and elaborate diagnostic assessments, neuropsychological testing and psychiatric evaluations. These tools are instrumental in identifying core issues and co-occurring disorders so we can best customize a highly effective treatment plan to meet your needs.
Diagnostic Assessments, Neuropsychological Testing and Psychiatric Evaluations
Many clients arrive at Bridges to Recovery frustrated by a lack of clarity around the root cause of their suffering. Some have dealt with the confusion of a diagnosis that has changed multiple times over the years; others are dealing with a complex mix of diagnoses.
Despite having suffered the symptoms of mental illness for many years, very few of our clients have had the opportunity for the type of thorough evaluation that can uncover the root of the problem and provide a clear path toward reclaiming quality of life. That changes when you arrive at Bridges to Recovery, where your stay begins with a series of in-depth psychological evaluations that help us gain a complete picture of your cognitive, emotional, social, and vocational functioning.
Psychological testing allows us to:
- Achieve diagnostic clarity
- Create a personalized treatment plan that addresses the full scope of your mental health disorder and any other obstacles standing in your way to a fulfilling life
- Provide you with the language to understand yourself and your disorder
- Develop effective, well-tolerated medication protocols that will be constantly re-evaluated throughout your treatment to achieve the best results
A sample client battery of psychological tests includes the following:
- Wechsler Abbreviated Scale of Intelligence (WASI)
- Wechsler Memory Scale-IV Flexible Approach Administration (WMS-IV)
- MicroCog for Neurological/Cognitive Screening
- Beck Depression Inventory (BDI)
- Beck Anxiety Inventory (BAI)
If our standard assessment procedure does not provide us with enough insight or leads to additional questions, we order additional educational, psychological, and/or neuropsychological evaluations. We are committed to developing the most detailed and accurate understanding possible to create relevant, customized treatment plans that start you on the road to wellness.
For more detailed information about psychological testing at Bridges to Recovery, our program, or how we can help you or your loved one, contact us.