Residential Treatment for Complicated Grief
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosing and treating complicated grief and other complex psychiatric and emotional issues. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by complicated grief to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Complicated grief—also known as persistent complex bereavement disorder—is excessive, disabling grief that is more intense and lasts much longer than what is normally expected when a loved one is lost. It is a devastating condition that may result in a loss of function and a sense of hopelessness.
It is very challenging to overcome these feelings on your own, but with a commitment to treatment, the prognosis for those suffering from complicated grief is good. It is possible to overcome grief and move forward.
At Bridges to Recovery, we’ve developed a residential treatment program that is tailored specifically to addressing the challenges of complicated grief.
Complicated Grief Treatment Overview
Complicated grief treatment differs from standard therapy for depression by utilizing a therapeutic approach which involves facing the loss, processing it, and planning for the future.
Clients struggling with complicated grief may initially benefit from medications, but long-term sustainable change to overcome symptoms and regain normal function includes learning healthy coping strategies and building a social support system.
At Bridges to Recovery, we help select coping mechanisms that work best for each individual, such as meditation, exercise, and creative activities. We facilitate practicing these strategies so clients can continue to use them when they return home after treatment. Clients may participate in group therapy sessions or support groups to connect with others who are also in the healing process.
Integrated Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
Throughout your treatment, we provide access to many different types of therapy provided by experts who have experience in compassionately guiding you through your healing process. Every client is different and treatment plans are individualized. The types of therapies we use to treat complicated grief include:
- Individual psychotherapy. One-on-one psychotherapy is the classic type of talk treatment that helps you explore your emotions and experiences that underlie negative feelings and behaviors. Individual therapy is an essential component in treatment for complicated grief.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. CBT is more action oriented and is focused on setting and achieving goals, changing negative thoughts and behaviors, and generally being more aware of unhealthy and unproductive patterns.
- Relational therapy. Complicated grief can create conflict within your interpersonal relationships. Relational therapy can help you learn how your relationships, life experiences, and emotions are all connected and take steps to strengthen your relationships as you begin to heal.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your grief and about how they can best support you.
- Trauma-focused therapies. If a traumatic experience is an underlying or contributing cause of your complicated grief, we offer therapies that will specifically focus on processing and reframing these traumas to help you improve your symptoms.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Residential Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with complicated grief. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential treatment for complicated grief at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive complicated grief treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat complicated grief and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
Begin Your Recovery Journey.877-727-4343
What to Expect the First Day
The goal of your first day with us is to orient you to your surroundings, make you feel at home, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment.
You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates. At the end of the day, you’ll have time to settle into your room before dinner.
We understand that entering residential treatment for complicated grief can be overwhelming. Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult. At Bridges to Recovery, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
Our three residential facilities in Los Angeles and San Diego offer a truly unique mental health treatment experience that not only provide you with the most advanced psychiatric and clinical care available, but also nurture your spirit, rejuvenate your body, and reignite your hope.
- All of our locations are luxury residences with up to six residents only, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for depression.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our highly-credentialed team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to begin your healing process and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from complicated grief, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.