Residential Treatment for Schizophrenia
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosing and treating schizophrenia and other complex mental health disorders. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by schizophrenia to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Schizophrenia is a severe chronic mental illness characterized by psychotic symptoms, changes in mood, and disordered thinking. The symptoms of schizophrenia have far-reaching consequences, and can impact how an individual functions at home, school, work, and in their relationships.
While there is no cure for this complex condition and the symptoms can be extremely debilitating, with treatment and ongoing care, individuals with schizophrenia can live a healthy, successful life and benefit from tailored residential treatment for schizophrenia.
Schizophrenia Treatment Overview
Schizophrenia will not get better on its own, so treatment is crucial. It is also not uncommon for individuals suffering from schizophrenia to have a co-occuring disorder such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, substance abuse, or another condition, making an accurate diagnosis a vital element of the treatment process.
In addition to psychotherapy, medication is a very important part of the treatment plan for schizophrenia to help patients normalize patterns of thoughts and perceptions. Residential treatment is especially helpful as it allows patients to try out different medications and types of therapy in a safe place while they find the best treatment plan.
Alternative and holistic therapies are also effective when used in addition to medication and therapy. Residential treatment for schizophrenia will help clients achieve long-term sustainable change to manage their symptoms and regain normal healthy social function.
The prognosis for those suffering from schizophrenia is good. With a commitment to the residential treatment process, as well as other factors like continued medication and therapy, it is possible to achieve lasting change.
Integrated Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
Following a treatment plan designed by an experienced mental health professional can help those with schizophrenia live a more balanced life with less episodes and more stable moods, as well as a greater overall function. You will be prescribed an individualized treatment plan tailored to your needs. Treatment plans for schizophrenia normally include:
- Medications. Antipsychotics are used to treat schizophrenia. Most often clients will try more than one drug or a combination to find the right mix for their symptoms.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT is often used to help patients learn to recognize and normalize their abnormal thoughts and behaviors. Patients also learn to process and cope in healthy ways by retraining their thinking patterns.
- Creative Therapies. Sometimes creative therapies are used as apart of the treatment plan like art, music, drama, animal, or adventure therapies.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your schizophrenia and about how they can best support you.
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques. Alternative and holistic therapies may also be used to treat schizophrenia. Most commonly, meditation, yoga, and exercise are administered.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Schizophrenia Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with schizophrenia. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential treatment for schizophrenia at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive schizophrenia treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat schizophrenia and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
Call for a Free Confidential Assessment.877-727-4343
What to Expect the First Day
The goal of your first day with us is to orient you to your surroundings, make you feel at home, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment.
You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates. At the end of the day, you’ll have time to settle into your room before dinner.
We understand that entering residential treatment for schizophrenia can be overwhelming. Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult. At Bridges to Recovery, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
- Our locations are luxury residences with a maximum of six residents, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Bridges to Recovery clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for schizophrenia.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our highly-credentialed team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to begin your healing process and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from schizophrenia, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.