Social Anxiety Treatment
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosing and treating social anxiety and other complex psychiatric and emotional issues. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by social anxiety to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Social anxiety is a debilitating mental health disorder, causing extreme discomfort in any social situation. Individuals suffering from this condition will most likely have a deep fear of social situations, fearing they will be judged, which may cause embarrassment, rejection, or exposure to ridicule. This fear can be all encompassing, forcing individuals with social anxiety to go to extreme measures to avoid social situations. Fortunately, this condition responds well to treatment.
Clients who suffer from these symptoms can benefit from residential treatment that is tailored specifically to social anxiety. Psychotherapy is the backbone for treating social anxiety and medications are often prescribed. In addition, alternative and holistic therapies may be used to help reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety. Treatment for social anxiety in a residential facility will help clients achieve long-term sustainable change to overcome their anxiety and regain normal healthy social function.
Social Anxiety Treatment Overview
Individuals with severe social anxiety are significantly restricted in their personal and professional lives, and without treatment they may never learn to feel comfortable around other people. But treatment for social anxiety, which includes individual and group psychotherapy, medication, and various complementary treatment methods, has helped untold numbers of social anxiety sufferers find lasting and sustainable relief from their most disabling symptoms.
If the symptoms of social anxiety are severe and manifest in a variety of circumstances, an individual may be diagnosed with social anxiety disorder, also known as social phobia, a debilitating mental health condition that affects up to 15 million American adults (and several million more adolescents and children) each year.
The fears of social anxiety disorder sufferers are not realistic and show an excessive concern with the opinions of others. Self-esteem issues are at the root of social anxiety, along with a chronic lack of social skills based on limited exposure to conversations and other social interactions.
At Bridges to Recovery, we help select coping mechanisms that work best for each individual, such as meditation, exercise, and creative activities. We facilitate practicing these strategies so clients can continue to use them when they return home after treatment. Clients may participate in group therapy sessions or in support groups to connect with others who are also suffering.
The prognosis for those suffering from social anxiety is excellent. With a commitment to the residential treatment process, as well as other factors like social support after treatment, it is possible to overcome anxiety and move forward.
Integrated Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
While medications play an important role in managing social anxiety, the best treatment includes therapy. We provide access to several different types of therapy provided by experts who have experience in compassionately guiding you through your healing process. Every client is different and treatment plans are individualized. The types of therapies we use to treat social anxiety include:
- Individual psychotherapy. One-on-one psychotherapy is the classic type of talk treatment that helps you explore your emotions and experiences that underlie negative feelings and behaviors. Individual therapy is an essential component in treatment for social anxiety.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT is a very effective and commonly used therapy to treat social anxiety. This type of therapy helps patients retrain their thinking patterns and change their actions, helping them overcome their fear of social situations. Group and family therapy are also provided in residential treatment.
- Relational therapy. Social anxiety can wreak havoc on interpersonal relationships. Relational therapy can help you learn how your relationships, life experiences, and emotions are all connected and take steps to develop healthier relationships.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your social anxiety and about how they can best support you.
- Trauma-focused therapies. If a traumatic experience is an underlying or contributing cause of your social anxiety, we offer therapies that will specifically focus on processing and reframing these traumas to help you improve your symptoms.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). ACT focuses more on accepting unhelpful negative thoughts as they are, rather than trying to replace them with positive thoughts.The aim is to teach people living with social anxiety to cope with negative thoughts and feelings better instead of replacing those thoughts and feelings.
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques. Alternative and holistic therapies may also be used to treat social anxiety. Most commonly, meditation, yoga, and exercise are employed.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Social Anxiety Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with social anxiety. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential treatment for social anxiety at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive social anxiety treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat social anxiety and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
Begin Your Recovery Journey.877-727-4343
What to Expect the First Day
The goal of your first day with us is to orient you to your surroundings, make you feel at home, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment.
You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates. At the end of the day, you’ll have time to settle into your room before dinner.
We understand that entering residential treatment for complicated grief can be overwhelming. Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult. At Bridges to Recovery, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
Our residential facilities in Los Angeles offer a truly unique mental health treatment experience that not only provide you with the most advanced psychiatric and clinical care available, but also nurture your spirit, rejuvenate your body, and reignite your hope.
- Our locations are luxury residences with up to six residents only, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for social anxiety.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our highly-credentialed team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to begin your healing process and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from social anxiety, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.