Panic Disorder Treatment
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in residential treatment for panic disorder and other emotional issues. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by panic disorder to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your panic disorder treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors. We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform lives.
Someone suffering from panic disorder experiences recurring episodes of panic attacks, which produce severe anxiety and may cause disabling physical symptoms. There is no real danger taking place, the individual just feels threatened and experiences extreme fear causing the panic attack to happen.
Panic attacks usually last a few minutes, but if the individual suffering from an attack is not able to move to a more comfortable environment the panic attack can last much longer.
Clients who suffer from these disabling symptoms can benefit from care at a residential panic disorder treatment center that is tailored specifically to their needs.
Panic Disorder Treatment Overview
If panic disorder is left untreated, the symptoms will worsen causing severe distress on one’s ability to function normally. Psychotherapy and medication are the two main methods for treating panic disorder. Individuals suffering from this condition respond very well to targeted panic disorder therapy. In addition, alternative and holistic therapies may be used. Treatment in a panic disorder residential facility will help patients achieve long-term sustainable change to overcome symptoms and regain normal healthy function including learning healthy coping strategies and building a social support system.
Panic disorder responds well to treatment, especially in a residential setting. A residential facility has much more to offer than taking an outpatient treatment route. During their stay patients will learn through psychotherapy, group therapy sessions, life skills and coping skills, family therapy, nutrition and exercise, and alternative and holistic therapies. Prescription medication may be prescribed which will help lessen symptoms but will not cure panic disorder.
The prognosis for those suffering from panic disorder is good. With a commitment to the residential treatment process, as well as other factors like social support and ongoing therapy after treatment, it is possible to overcome anxiety and move forward.
Call for a Free Confidential Assessment.877-727-4343
Integrated Panic Disorder Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
At Bridges to Recovery, we help select coping mechanisms that work best for each individual, such as meditation, exercise, and creative activities. We facilitate practicing these strategies so clients can continue to use them when they return home after treatment. Clients may participate in group therapy sessions or in support groups to connect with others who are also suffering from panic disorder. The types of therapies we used in panic disorder treatment include:
- Individual psychotherapy. One-on-one psychotherapy is the classic type of talk treatment that helps you explore your emotions and experiences that underlie negative feelings and behaviors. Individual therapy is an essential component in treatment for panic disorder.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT is a very effective and commonly used therapy to treat panic disorder. This type of therapy helps patients retrain their thinking patterns and change their actions, helping them overcome their fear of social situations. Group and family therapy are also provided in residential treatment.
- Relational therapy. Panic disorder can wreak havoc on interpersonal relationships. Relational therapy can help you learn how your relationships, life experiences, and emotions are all connected and take steps to develop healthier relationships.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your panic disorder and about how they can best support you.
- Trauma-focused therapies. If a traumatic experience is an underlying or contributing cause of your panic disorder, we offer therapies that will specifically focus on processing and reframing these traumas to help you improve your symptoms.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). ACT focuses more on accepting unhelpful negative thoughts as they are, rather than trying to replace them with positive thoughts.The aim is to teach people living with panic disorder to cope with negative thoughts and feelings better instead of replacing those thoughts and feelings.
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques. Alternative and holistic therapies may also be used to treat social anxiety. Most commonly, meditation, yoga, and exercise are employed.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Panic Disorder Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with panic disorder. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential treatment for panic disorder at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive panic disorder treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat social anxiety and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
What to Expect the First Day
The goal of your first day with us is to orient you to your surroundings, make you feel at home, and set you up for success as you begin your stay at our treatment center.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment.
You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates. At the end of the day, you’ll have time to settle into your room before dinner.
We understand that entering residential treatment center for panic disorder can be overwhelming. Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult. At Bridges to Recovery, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
Our residences offer a truly unique mental health treatment experience that not only provide you with the most advanced psychiatric and clinical care available, but also nurture your spirit, rejuvenate your body, and reignite your hope.
- All of our locations are luxury residences with up to six residents only, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for depression.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to begin your healing process and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from panic disorder, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.