Residential OCD Treatment Center
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosing and treating obsessive-compulsive disorder and other complex psychiatric and emotional issues. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by obsessive-compulsive disorder to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a mental illness that causes an individual to have obsessive thoughts and urges that are persistent, unwanted, and negative. These obsessive thoughts may cause severe anxiety and distress causing compulsions to help soothe that anxiety.
The compulsions are often related to the obsessions but in some cases may be completely unrelated. Compulsions are excessive acts that relieve anxiety but take up a good chunk of your day, and are all-consuming, a person cannot control them or stop doing them.
While there is no cure for this mental health disorder and the symptoms can be highly distressing and may be debilitating with treatment and ongoing care individuals with obsessive-compulsive disorder can live a healthy, successful life.
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Treatment Overview
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a chronic condition that will not get better if left untreated, so it is crucial to receive an individualized treatment plan tailored to your needs. It is not uncommon for a co-occurring disorder or behavioral condition to occur in individuals diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Medication is an important part of the treatment plan as well as psychotherapy to help patients normalize patterns of thoughts. Residential treatment is especially helpful as it allows patients to try out different medications and types of therapy in a safe place while they find the best treatment plan to learn how to manage this chronic condition.
The prognosis for those suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder is good. With a commitment to the residential treatment process, as well as other factors like continued medication and therapy after active treatment, it is possible to achieve lasting change.
Inpatient OCD Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
Following a treatment plan designed by an experienced mental health professional can help those with obsessive-compulsive disorder learn to live a more balanced life with greater overall function. You will be prescribed an individualized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
Treatment plans for obsessive-compulsive disorder normally include:
- Therapy. Therapy is a necessary part of treatment. Exposure and response prevention (ERP) is a form of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) that is often used to help patients learn to recognize their negative thoughts and behaviors and retrain their brain into healthy coping mechanisms.
- Medications. When used in conjunction with therapy, antidepressants may also be used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your obsessive-compulsive disorder and about how they can best support you with this chronic disorder.
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques. Alternative and holistic therapies may also be used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder. Most commonly, meditation, yoga, and exercise are administered.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for OCD Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with obsessive-compulsive disorder. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive obsessive-compulsive disorder treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
What to Expect the First Day
The goal of your first day with us is to orient you to your surroundings, make you feel at home, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment.
You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates. At the end of the day, you’ll have time to settle into your room before dinner.
We understand that entering residential treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder can be overwhelming. Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult. At Bridges to Recovery, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
- Our locations are luxury residences with a maximum of six residents, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our highly-credentialed team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to begin your healing process and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.