Childhood Trauma Treatment
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosing and treating childhood trauma and other complex psychiatric and emotional issues. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by childhood trauma to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Childhood trauma can occur to an individual during childhood (infancy to 18 years old) when they have experienced a frightening, dangerous, or violent event—or series of events. A child may also experience trauma from witnessing a traumatic event happening to a loved one. While trauma does not always cause lasting effects, some children will suffer the repercussions from these traumatic events for years to come causing both physical and mental health issues throughout their adult life.
Adults who have experienced childhood trauma may encounter difficulties in establishing relationships or maintaining work, sometimes suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, and/or other mental health conditions.
People suffering from these symptoms can benefit from residential treatment tailored specifically for childhood trauma.
Childhood Trauma Treatment Overview
For adults suffering from the effects of childhood trauma, professional care is needed to help process and cope with the trauma. Mental health professionals will diagnosis all symptoms to come up with a treatment plan individualized to your specific childhood trauma.
Trauma-focused therapy is especially effective for treating childhood trauma. In addition, alternative and holistic therapies may be used to help reduce the symptoms of the trauma. Residential treatment for childhood trauma will help clients achieve long-term sustainable change to overcome their symptoms and regain normal healthy social function.
The prognosis for those suffering from childhood trauma is good. With a commitment to the residential treatment process, as well as continued therapy after active treatment, it is possible to achieve lasting change.
Integrated Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
Since trauma can happen in many different ways, the symptoms people experience vary; therefore, it is vital to have a careful screening by a professional mental health clinician. Once screened thoroughly, you will be prescribed an individualized treatment plan tailored to your needs. Treatment plans for childhood trauma normally include:
- Trauma-focused therapies. Trauma-focused therapies help individuals process the unique symptoms of trauma, especially in childhood trauma. Clients will learn about the trauma, understand triggers, learn healthy coping mechanisms, and reduce symptoms.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT is often used to help patients learn to process and cope in healthy ways by retraining their thinking patterns.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EDMR). This type of therapy helps patients process the troubling memories and change how their brain is storing them. Therapists utilize directed eye movements to unlock damaging emotional and behavioral patterns and replace them with healthier alternatives
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your childhood trauma and about how they can best support you.
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques. Alternative and holistic therapies may also be used to treat childhood trauma. Most commonly, meditation, yoga, and exercise are administered.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Childhood Trauma Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with childhood trauma. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential treatment for childhood trauma at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive childhood trauma treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat childhood trauma and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
What to Expect the First Day
The goal of your first day with us is to orient you to your surroundings, make you feel at home, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment.
You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates. At the end of the day, you’ll have time to settle into your room before dinner.
We understand that entering residential treatment for complicated grief can be overwhelming. Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult. At Bridges to Recovery, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Begin Your Recovery Journey.877-727-4343
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
- Our locations are luxury residences with up to six residents, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for childhood trauma.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our highly-credentialed team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to begin your healing process and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from childhood trauma, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.