Residential Bipolar Disorder Treatment Center
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in residential treatment of bipolar disorder and other emotional issues. Our intensive, integrated world-class bipolar treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by bipolar disorder to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Bipolar disorder is a chronic mental health condition that causes dramatic shifts in mood and energy levels resulting in episodes of manic highs and depressive lows.
There are a number of ways bipolar disorder can negatively impact your mental, emotional, and physical health. Ensuring you receive the best treatment is crucial to living with bipolar disorder—without effective treatment, symptoms may worsen over time.
Fortunately, bipolar disorder responds well to treatment, as long as the individual is committed to ongoing care after active treatment has stopped.
Bipolar Disorder Treatment Overview
Bipolar disorder manifests differently in each person. At Bridges to Recovery, we create individualized treatment programs to address each client’s specific needs. We begin your treatment with a comprehensive psychological assessment. Our assessment process provides clarity of your diagnosis, and insight into your unique goals and how bipolar disorder has impacted your life.
Many treatment programs for bipolar clients concentrate solely on short-term stabilization. At Bridges to Recovery, we focus of achieving sustainable behavioral change through personal agency–taking responsibility for your own success. Our unique approach to bipolar disorder treatment helps you find stability and balance by teaching you to recognize triggers, cope with distress, and manage your symptoms.
Medication is also part of most bipolar disorder treatment plans. You will work with your psychiatrist to develop a regimen that addresses your symptoms most effectively with the fewest possible side effects. Bridges to Recovery provides a safe environment to monitor the effectiveness of your medications until you find the regimen that works best for you.
Bipolar disorder can be managed after treatment at Bridges to Recovery with new strategies and support mechanisms in place. Our long-term goals for bipolar clients may include:
- Stabilizing moods
- Minimizing the frequency and intensity of manic episodes
- Restoring everyday function
- Enhancing social relationships
Call for a Free Confidential Assessment.877-727-4343
Integrated Bipolar Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
While medications play an important role in managing bipolar disorder, the best treatment includes therapy. Our experienced experts guide you through the healing process utilizing several types of therapy depending on your unique needs and goal. Treatment programs for bipolar disorder include:
- Individual psychotherapy. Essential for treatment of bipolar, talk therapy helps you explore emotions and experiences that underlie negative feelings and behaviors. Cognitive behavioral therapy. CBT is action-oriented and focused on setting and achieving goals, changing negative thoughts and behaviors, and generally being more aware of unhealthy and unproductive patterns.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR). EMDR involves patients watching an object move back and forth while processing their emotions. This helps you learn to handle stressful situations and stabilize your moods.
- Relational therapy. Bipolar disorder can wreak havoc on interpersonal relationships. Relational therapy helps repair relationships damaged by their bipolar symptoms. You will learn how your relationships, life experiences, and emotions are all connected to help you develop healthier relationships after treatment.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family helps educate loved ones about your bipolar disorder and about how they can best support you.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery Bipolar Disorder Treatment Center?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with bipolar disorder. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose our bipolar disorder treatment center because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive bipolar disorder treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat bipolar disorder and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and Diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
What to Expect the First Day
The goal of your first day at our bipolar disorder treatment center is to orient you to your surroundings, make you feel at home, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment.
You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates. At the end of the day, you’ll have time to settle into your room before dinner.
We understand that entering residential treatment for bipolar disorder can be overwhelming. Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult. At Bridges to Recovery, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
Our residential facilities in Los Angeles offer a truly unique mental health treatment experience that not only provide you with the most advanced psychiatric and clinical care available, but also nurture your spirit, rejuvenate your body, and reignite your hope.
- Our locations are luxury residences with up to six residents only, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for bipolar disorder.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to achieve lasting bipolar disorder relief and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from bipolar disorder, and you have not yet found a treatment solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.