Residential Treatment Center for Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Bridges to Recovery provides world-class residential treatment for anxiety disorders and other complex mental illnesses and emotional issues. We provide a unique and effective combination of psychiatry, psychotherapy, and integrative therapy to help you reclaim your life and remove the obstacles created by many mental health disorders.
Generalized anxiety disorder, or GAD, is one type of anxiety disorder, and a common type of mental illness that affects more than three percent of the U.S. population.
GAD is a condition characterized by stress and worry that are excessive, persistent, and difficult to impossible to control. Anxiety is a normal emotion everyone experiences, but GAD causes a near-constant sense of dread and anxiety that goes beyond what is expected for a person’s circumstances.
Anxiety disorders can cause significant distress and impairment in a person’s life. Patients who partake in rehab for anxiety disorders have an excellent prognosis for managing their symptoms. By learning what effective treatment looks like and understanding the value of long-term residential anxiety treatment centers, you can make the right choices to ensure your positive prognosis for this chronic condition.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Treatment
Residential treatment is the best option if you are suffering from general anxiety disorder. GAD can cause copious amounts of distress and dysfunction so anxiety disorder treatment facilities are the best way for you to focus on healing. This may be especially helpful if there is a co-occurring mental health or substance use disorder.
Many clients choose residential care for generalized anxiety disorder at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they still are not living a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. The quality and comprehensiveness of our integrated, intensive treatment program allow for rapid relief from suffering and tremendous growth, all in a few short weeks.
1 in 12 Adults Struggle with Anxiety
Begin Your Recovery Journey Today
Treatment Goals for Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Treatment plans designed by experienced mental health clinicians will help you gain the skills and insight necessary to achieve lasting relief and grow toward your personal, social, and professional goals. Our highly-credentialed team of mental health experts at Bridges to Recovery will supply you with the plan and tools for exceptional treatment, as well as the support and care you need to succeed. You will be able to reach your personal treatment goals generalized anxiety disorder including:
- Reducing and managing anxiety
- Less worrying
- Developing a stronger social support system
- Being able to relax
- Addressing other co-occurring mental health disorders
When you adhere to your generalized anxiety disorder treatment plan just as it is prescribed and commit to ongoing care you are much more likely to have success in recovery for this chronic illness. The team at Bridges to Recovery will help you reach these goals and live a healthier more fulfilling life.
>> More information about our San Diego Treatment Team
>> More information about Los Angeles Team
Treatment Options for Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Each individual diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder needs a specific treatment plan tailored to their needs. Although GAD is a chronic condition there are treatment options you can start now to better and maintain a healthy life:
- Residential Treatment. Residential care gives patients the chance to learn strategies and skills and to develop a plan that will help them learn to live with this chronic illness after active treatment has stopped.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. CBT is most commonly used to treat anxiety and is considered to be one of the most effective strategies for care. CBT teaches patients to recognize anxieties and fears, learn what triggers them, and take steps to change them into more positive and realistic thoughts.
- Medications for GAD. Medications can be used to manage the symptoms of anxiety. Some patients may need to try more than one drug before settling on the one that provides the best results with the fewest side effects.
- Alternative and Holistic Therapies. A good residential treatment program for GAD will offer patients a variety of alternative therapies to try as well as a holistic approach to care to manage stress and anxiety. Examples of beneficial holistic and alternative therapies include massage therapy, acupuncture, meditation, yoga, and art therapy.
Residential Anxiety Treatment Centers
Alongside therapy and medication, treatment in a residential facility is enhanced with alternative and holistic therapies, family counseling, group support, nutrition, and exercise. The disturbances to your life accompanied by GAD makes residential care the best option. You can focus solely on recovery and a plan for ongoing self-care in an environment designed for success. The care, support, and knowledge of the professionals working at Bridges to Recovery make it the ideal environment for your treatment.
40 Million Adults Struggle with Anxiety
You're Not Alone. We're Here to Help.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Generalized Anxiety Disorder Treatment
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosing and treating complex psychiatric and emotional issues such as generalized anxiety disorder. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so clients can focus on their treatment and recovery without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individual therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat generalized anxiety disorder.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough assessment, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers profound healing and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles.
- Health and wellness focused. To ensure your comfort during your healing process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
At Bridges to Recovery, we believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform lives. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.