At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosing and treating generalized anxiety disorder and other mental health and emotional issues. Our integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by generalized anxiety disorder to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a mental illness that causes excessive stress and worrying about a variety of situations. While anxiety is a normal emotion everyone experiences, GAD produces anxiety that is extreme and near impossible to manage.
The symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder can cause significant impairment in a person’s life. Fortunately, they can also be managed with good treatment. Many individuals suffering from GAD benefit from treatment in a more intensive, individualized, residential care facility. Committing to ongoing care is also important, as this is a chronic condition that can relapse even after successful treatment.
Generalized Anxiety Treatment Overview
Generalized Anxiety Disorder is diagnosed when an individual becomes excessively worried about a variety of everyday concerns, on more days than not, for at least six months—accompanied by three or more specific symptoms.
This anxiety can be so overwhelming that it can interfere with one’s ability to function in life. What differentiates GAD from other anxiety disorders is that the worries are usually about several issues rather than focused on something specific, like a phobia or a particular perceived threat.
Left untreated, those who suffer from generalized anxiety disorder may be unable to participate in even basic daily activities because their anxiety is too severe. However, with treatment, individuals suffering from generalized anxiety disorder can be functional, participate in social activities, and hold down a job.
Residential treatment centers can provide a safe and controlled environment while receiving generalized anxiety disorder treatment. Combining residential treatment with therapy and medication can further improve positive outcomes for controlling generalized anxiety disorder in a comfortable setting away from the stressors at home or in one’s everyday life.
Begin Your Recovery Journey.877-727-4343
Integrated Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
While medications play an important role in managing generalized anxiety disorder, the best treatment includes therapy. We provide access to several different types of therapy provided by experts who have experience in compassionately guiding you through your healing process. Every client is different and treatment plans are individualized. The types of therapies we use to treat generalized anxiety include:
- Individual psychotherapy. One-on-one psychotherapy is the classic type of talk treatment that helps you explore your emotions and experiences that underlie negative feelings and behaviors. Individual therapy is an essential component in treatment for generalized anxiety disorder.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. CBT can help people who suffer from generalized anxiety disorder identify underlying causes of anxiety and better control symptoms. This treatment method focuses on identifying triggers, changing the way sufferers perceive situations that feel threatening, and creating new behaviors to manage anxiety.
- Relational therapy. Generalized anxiety can wreak havoc on interpersonal relationships. Relational therapy can help you learn how your relationships, life experiences, and emotions are all connected and take steps to develop healthier relationships.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your generalized anxiety and about how they can best support you.
- Trauma-focused therapies. If a traumatic experience is an underlying or contributing cause of your generalized anxiety, we offer therapies that will specifically focus on processing and reframing these traumas to help you improve your symptoms.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). ACT focuses more on accepting unhelpful negative thoughts as they are, rather than trying to replace them with positive thoughts.The aim is to teach people living with generalized anxiety disorder to cope with negative thoughts and feelings better instead of replacing those thoughts and feelings.
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques. Alternative and holistic therapies may also be used to treat generalized anxiety disorder. Most commonly, meditation, yoga, and exercise are employed.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Residential Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with generalized anxiety disorder. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential treatment for generalized anxiety disorder at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated generalized anxiety disorder treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat generalized anxiety and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
What to Expect the First Day
The goal of your first day with us is to orient you to your surroundings, make you feel at home, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment.
You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates. At the end of the day, you’ll have time to settle into your room before dinner.
We understand that entering residential treatment for generalized anxiety can be overwhelming. Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult. At Bridges to Recovery, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
40 Million Adults Struggle with Anxiety
You're Not Alone. We're Here to Help.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
Our residential facilities in Los Angeles offer a truly unique mental health treatment experience that not only provide you with the most advanced psychiatric and clinical care available, but also nurture your spirit, rejuvenate your body, and reignite your hope.
- Our locations are luxury residences with up to six residents only, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for depression.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to begin your healing process and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from generalized anxiety, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.