Our program is founded on the philosophy that an intensive, integrative, and holistic therapeutic program is the best way to help people recover from psychological distress. If you or a loved one is suffering from a mental health disorder, Bridges to Recovery can offer a tranquil space to restore emotional and behavioral health and stability. Located in Los Angeles and San Diego, we provide residential care as a safe, private alternative to hospital-based treatment.
Since 2002, Bridges to Recovery has distinguished itself as a licensed residential mental health care program devoted to world-class care. By marrying intensive integrative psychotherapy with holistic, multidisciplinary practice in a serene, home-like environment, we pioneered a new model for the treatment of mental health disorders. Designed as an innovative alternative to hospitalization, we established our first six-bed facility in the Pacific Palisades to provide comprehensive clinical care in an intimate and stimulating environment in which clients could enjoy peaceful surroundings, natural beauty, and the comforts of home.
The treatment model worked. Clients who came to Bridges to Recovery were more fully engaged in treatment and experienced better outcomes. With growing demand for our services, we opened a six-bed sister location tucked away between the winding roads and stately homes of Holmby Hills, a stone’s throw from Beverly Hills and Bel Air. Our newest location, Bridges to Recovery San Diego, is nested in a private residential neighborhood in the hills of Mt. Helix.
Today, Bridges to Recovery welcomes clients from all over the world who seek us out based on our reputation for quality care and exceptional therapeutic approach. We remain committed to effective, forward-thinking care that integrates over a decade of experience as a premier residential treatment facility. With a more diverse and skilled staff than ever before, we offer thoughtful, personalized treatment in welcoming environments to move our clients toward the clarity, insight, and knowledge they need to release themselves from suffering.
We are certified by the Department of Mental Health and licensed by the Department of Social Services, ensuring that we conform to the highest professional standards to deliver outstanding care and protect our clients.
Things to Know
- We offer specialized treatment for a wide range of complex mental health disorders and co-occurring substance abuse and co-occurring eating disorders.
- Our program consists of three separate six-bed facilities in beautiful homes.
- All clients have their own psychiatrist.
- Clients participate in 3 or more individual psychotherapy sessions per week along with daily therapy groups and holistic therapies.
- All of our clinical therapists have masters or doctorate degrees and are licensed.
- Our core program is 30-45 days and may be extended as recommended by the clinical team.
- Clients can receive more treatment in 6 weeks at Bridges to Recovery than would be possible in a year elsewhere.
- We are licensed by the California Department of Social Services (#197600073, #197608837, #374603703) and certified by the Department of Mental Health.
- As a licensed program, we provide on-site medication prescription and management.
- Staff members are on-site 24 hours a day.
- Our staff-to-client ratio is always at or above 2:1.
We welcome any questions you may have and invite you to contact us for a more in-depth discussion about what treatment at Bridges to Recovery can offer you or your loved one.
Accredited by the Joint Commission
If you have concerns about safety or quality of care provided, please contact leadership at Bridges to Recovery by calling (310) 459-0613.
If you do not believe these concerns have been adequately addressed after contacting us, please feel free to contact The Joint Commission directly:
The Joint Commission Office of Quality and Patient Safety
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181