High-Functioning Anxiety Treatment
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosing and treating high-functioning anxiety and and other complex psychiatric and emotional issues. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by high-functioning anxiety to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Anxiety is a normal emotion everyone deals with, although some people experience stronger effects from anxiety which may cause an anxiety disorder. Some individuals who have an anxiety disorder are still be able to live what looks like a healthy, happy life, functioning somewhat normally in their work and personal lives.
Co-workers, friends, and even family may think the individual is doing great in life, but inside the individual suffers with serious anxiety. This is known as high-functioning anxiety, although it is not recognized as an official disorder, the effects of this condition are real.
Clients who suffer from these symptoms can benefit from residential treatment that is tailored specifically to high-functioning anxiety. Psychotherapy is the main focus for treating anxiety disorders. Individuals suffering from this condition respond very well to targeted therapy. In addition, alternative and holistic therapies may be used, and in some cases limited use of medications may be administered.
Treatment for high-functioning anxiety in a residential facility will help patients achieve long-term sustainable change to overcome symptoms and regain normal healthy function including learning healthy coping strategies and building a social support system.
High-Functioning Anxiety Treatment Overview
Individuals with high-functioning anxiety experience many symptoms associated with anxiety disorders. But they do not meet the criteria for an anxiety disorder diagnosis, even though their overall quality of life may be significantly impacted by their condition.
Their tension and the stress they feel are not severe enough to disrupt their lives in obvious, observable ways, and as a result the suffering of men and women with high-functioning anxiety remains largely hidden from the world. But despite their continued ability to hold down jobs, attend school, handle family duties, and manage their personal and financial affairs, people with high-functioning anxiety are still in pain and functioning at less than their full potential.
Over time, high-functioning anxiety takes a heavy physical, psychological, and emotional toll on those it affects, and may develop into more severe and debilitating psychiatric conditions without proper treatment.
At Bridges to Recovery, we help select coping mechanisms that work best for each individual, such as meditation, exercise, and creative activities. We facilitate practicing these strategies so clients can continue to use them when they return home after treatment. Clients may participate in group therapy sessions or in support groups to connect with others who are also suffering.
The prognosis for those suffering from high-functioning anxiety is excellent. With a commitment to the residential treatment process, as well as other factors like social support after treatment, it is possible to achieve lasting change.
Why You Should Consider Treatment
If you struggle with high-functioning anxiety, you’ve probably wrestled with whether or not to get help. Just the idea of seeking treatment may elicit an anxiety response, so perhaps you’ve decided you’re better off coping on your own. Perhaps your anxiety is causing problems, but you’re still able to meet your work, family, and personal obligations. You find yourself ignoring your feelings of pervasive anxiety because you seem to be functioning and achieving. You tell yourself that it can’t be all that bad and may have the fleeting thought ‘this is just the way I am.’
But there is a difference between truly thriving and just getting by, and despite your apparent external successes, you are a long way from being as healthy as you could be or would like to be. You are so busy managing your anxiety and trying to overcompensate that you fail to see how much your work, personal relationships, and physical health are affected.
When anxiety goes untreated, it will affect your relationships in multiple ways. You may be quick to become angry, frustrated or distant when you feel neglected, disrespected, or taken for granted by the people you love. The potential for developing other serious medical or mental health issues also increases. Research shows anxiety affects cognition, memory, the ability to reason, and to make basic decisions.
Without support and treatment, your functionality may diminish over time as your disorder grows in severity or you just become too exhausted to keep up the facade of wellness.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Residential Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with high-functioning anxiety. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential treatment for high-functioning anxiety at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive high-functioning anxiety treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat high-functioning anxiety and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
Integrated High-Functioning Anxiety Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
While medications play an important role in managing high-functioning anxiety, the best treatment includes therapy. We provide access to several different types of therapy provided by experts who have experience in compassionately guiding you through your healing process. Every client is different and treatment plans are individualized. The types of therapies we use to treat social anxiety include:
- Individual psychotherapy. One-on-one psychotherapy is the classic type of talk treatment that helps you explore your emotions and experiences that underlie negative feelings and behaviors. Individual therapy is an essential component in treatment for high-functioning anxiety.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT is a very effective and commonly used therapy to treat high-functioning anxiety. This type of therapy helps patients retrain their thinking patterns and change their actions, helping them overcome their fear of social situations. Group and family therapy are also provided in residential treatment.
- Relational therapy. High-functioning anxiety can wreak havoc on interpersonal relationships. Relational therapy can help you learn how your relationships, life experiences, and emotions are all connected and take steps to develop healthier relationships.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your social anxiety and about how they can best support you.
- Trauma-focused therapies. If a traumatic experience is an underlying or contributing cause of your high-functioning anxiety, we offer therapies that will specifically focus on processing and reframing these traumas to help you improve your symptoms.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). ACT focuses more on accepting unhelpful negative thoughts as they are, rather than trying to replace them with positive thoughts.The aim is to teach people living with high-functioning anxiety to cope with negative thoughts and feelings better instead of replacing those thoughts and feelings.
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques. Alternative and holistic therapies may also be used to treat high-functioning anxiety. Most commonly, meditation, yoga, and exercise are employed.
Call for a Free Confidential Assessment.877-727-4343
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
Our residential facilities in Los Angeles offer a truly unique mental health treatment experience that not only provide you with the most advanced psychiatric and clinical care available, but also nurture your spirit, rejuvenate your body, and reignite your hope.
- All of our locations are luxury residences with up to six residents only, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for depression.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to begin your healing process and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from high-functioning anxiety, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.