Residential Treatment for Major Depressive Disorder
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in diagnosis and treatment of major depressive disorder and other complex psychiatric and emotional issues. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by major depression to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
Major depressive disorder treatment is often done on an outpatient basis. However, many individuals suffering from major depressive disorder benefit from the more intensive, individualized, round-the-clock care delivered in residential treatment facilities.
Residential treatment allows clients to focus on getting well and learning important strategies for coping with major depression that can be used outside the clinical setting.
Benefits of Residential Treatment for Major Depression
Major depression can at times seem like a challenge that is too much and will never be overcome, but residential treatment can be effective and proven to help people feel better, reduce symptoms, and regain control over life. With the right mix of treatments that work for an individual, major depressive disorder is a disease that can be managed over a lifetime. Treatment goals are most effective when clients commits to them, are consistent with each element of their treatment plan, engage socially and rely on others for support, and use self-care strategies at home to be proactive about symptoms and negative thoughts and behaviors.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for Residential Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with major depression. With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential major depressive disorder treatment at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive major depression treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat major depression and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and Diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
Suffering From Depression?
Begin Your Recovery Journey Today
Integrated Major Depression Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
While medications play an important role in major depressive disorder treatment, the best treatment plan includes therapy. We provide access to several different types of therapy provided by experts who have experience in compassionately guiding you through your healing process. Every client is different and treatment plans are individualized. The types of therapies we use to treat major depression include:
- Individual psychotherapy. One-on-one psychotherapy is the classic type of talk treatment that helps you explore your emotions and experiences that underlie negative feelings and behaviors. Individual therapy is an essential component in treatment for major depressive disorder.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. CBT is more action oriented and is focused on setting and achieving goals, changing negative thoughts and behaviors, and generally being more aware of unhealthy and unproductive patterns.
- Relational therapy. Major depression can wreak havoc on interpersonal relationships. Relational therapy can help you learn how your relationships, life experiences, and emotions are all connected and take steps to develop healthier relationships.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your depression and about how they can best support you.
- Trauma-focused therapies. If a traumatic experience is an underlying or contributing cause of your major depression, we offer therapies that will specifically focus on processing and reframing these traumas to help you improve your symptoms.
What to Expect the First Day
We understand that entering residential treatment for major depression can be overwhelming. You may be worried about your home, your family, your job, and other responsibilities—not to mention, unsure of what to expect when you arrive.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment. You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates.
You’ll have time at the end of the day to settle into your room before enjoying a delicious meal prepared by our chef. The goal of your first day is to make you comfortable, orient you to your surroundings, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment with us.
Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult, but we will do everything we can to make you feel welcome and at home. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
Our three residential facilities in Los Angeles and San Diego offer a truly unique mental health treatment experience that not only provide you with the most advanced psychiatric and clinical care available, but also nurture your spirit, rejuvenate your body, and reignite your hope.
- All of our locations are luxury residences with up to six residents only, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for depression.
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our highly-credentialed team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to achieve lasting depression relief and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from major depression, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.