Residential Treatment for Nervous Breakdown
At Bridges to Recovery, we specialize in nervous breakdowns and other complex psychiatric and emotional issues by identifying, diagnosing, and treating the mental health conditions that are at the root of your problem. Our intensive, integrated world-class treatment program helps relieve your suffering and remove the obstacles created by nervous breakdown to help you reclaim your life. We provide compassionate and effective care in a serene residential setting so you can focus on your treatment and recover without the worries of external pressures and stressors.
A nervous breakdown is a serious mental health crisis that is triggered by excess stress and a lack of healthy coping mechanisms. Individuals experiencing a nervous breakdown will experience a loss of function at home, work, and in other situations.
The exact cause of a nervous breakdown is individualistic, one person may be able to cope longer than another. The breakdown may occur due to a stressful situation or there may be a contributing underlying mental health condition.
Fortunately, residential treatment for nervous breakdown can help.
Nervous breakdown treatment in a residential facility can help you achieve long-term sustainable change to overcome symptoms and regain normal health functioning, including learning healthy coping strategies to prevent another nervous breakdown.
Nervous Breakdown Treatment Overview
Nervous Breakdown is not a technical diagnosis because it is not a specific mental illness. Often, when a person experiences a mental health crisis similar to a mental or nervous breakdown, a psychologist or psychiatrist may diagnosis a mental illness that underlies the crisis. Typical diagnoses for someone who has suffered a nervous breakdown include:
- Major depression
- Anxiety disorders
- Acute stress disorders
If you’re suffering from a nervous breakdown, professional care is needed to help you learn healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with stress.
The prognosis for those suffering from nervous breakdown is good. Residential treatment for nervous breakdowns will help clients achieve long-term sustainable change to overcome their symptoms and regain normal healthy social function.
Integrated Treatment at Bridges to Recovery
Since a nervous breakdown can happen due to many different levels of stress, underlying mental health conditions and co-occurring disorders, and co-occurring substance use disorder, the symptoms people experience vary; therefore, our team at Bridges to Recovery performs comprehensive psychological and neuropsychological testing to ensure an accurate diagnosis.. Based on your diagnosis and comprehensive assessments, our expert clinical team will provide you with an individualized treatment plan tailored to your needs. Treatment plans for nervous breakdown normally include:
- Therapies. Consistently working with a therapist can help a patient manage and minimize their stress, learn healthy coping mechanisms, and take steps towards necessary lifestyle changes. Group therapy may also help patients share and understand how other people have recovered.
- Medication. It is not uncommon for someone who has experienced a nervous breakdown to be diagnosed with a mental health condition like depression or an anxiety disorder. Depending on the diagnosis a patient may be prescribed medication to help keep symptoms at bay.
- Lifestyle changes. Individuals who have experienced a nervous breakdown should consider taking a deep look into the stressors in their life and adjusting them. Sometimes this may mean finding a new job, ending a relationship, or cutting back on responsibilities.
- Family therapy and education. Therapy that involves your family may be a great way to help educate the people most important to you about your nervous breakdown and about how they can best support you.
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques. Alternative and holistic therapies may also be used to treat nervous breakdown . Most commonly, meditation, yoga, and exercise are administered.
Why Choose Bridges to Recovery for nervous breakdown Treatment?
We believe that exceptional psychiatric, clinical, and holistic care can transform the lives of people living with nervous breakdown . With the utmost dignity and respect, we meet you where you are to help you develop a vision for the life you wish to have, and offer the care you need to achieve it.
Many clients choose residential treatment for nervous breakdown at Bridges to Recovery because, despite their best efforts and dedication to treatment, they haven’t yet been able to achieve a stable and satisfying life. This changes after a stay with us. Our integrated, intensive nervous breakdown treatment program allows for relief from suffering, learning new skills, and sustainable change. Many clients make more progress at Bridges to Recovery than in years of outpatient therapy.
- Private residential accommodations. Our exclusive residential treatment homes have a maximum of six clients, providing a safe, private, comfortable alternative to a more traditional hospital environment.
- World-class clinical staff. Our expert clinical team provides individualized therapy using proven evidence-based treatment modalities to treat nervous breakdown and other co-occurring mental health issues.
- Assessment and diagnosis. All clients receive comprehensive neuropsychological testing to ensure that we get to the most accurate diagnosis possible. Also, we offer genetic testing to make sure the medication prescribed works best for you.
- Individualized treatment plans. After a thorough series of assessments, we create a truly individualized treatment plan that offers tools and strategies for overcoming the toughest obstacles and ensures profound healing.
- Health and wellness focused. To provide comfort during your recovery process, our chefs create delicious healthy, gourmet meals. We also offer yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage, and physical fitness classes.
Begin Your Recovery Journey.877-727-4343
What to Expect the First Day
The goal of your first day with us is to orient you to your surroundings, make you feel at home, and set you up for success as you begin your treatment.
When you first arrive at Bridges to Recovery, you will be warmly greeted by your admissions specialist, who help make you feel at ease in your temporary home away from home. Together, you’ll complete the intake process, sign any required paperwork, and begin your orientation to treatment.
You’ll be given a tour of the house, meet with members of your treatment team, shown your room, review the daily schedule, and meet your fellow housemates. At the end of the day, you’ll have time to settle into your room before dinner.
We understand that entering residential treatment for complicated grief can be overwhelming. Leaving your friends, family, and even your job while you are in treatment can be difficult. At Bridges to Recovery, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome. We understand that you need to feel safe and have trust in us, so that you can begin your journey to a better life.
Your Bridges to Recovery Experience
From the moment you first contact us at Bridges to Recovery, you will be treated with compassion, respect, and kindness.
- Our locations are safe, comfortable residences with up to six residents, providing a quiet, intimate environment where you can focus on your treatment.
- Our clinicians use evidence-based treatment modalities that have been shown to provide symptom relief for nervous breakdown .
- We also employ a broad spectrum of integrative therapies to ensure whole body well-being.
Our highly-credentialed team of mental health experts will provide the care and support you need to succeed, and help you gain insight necessary to begin your healing process and grow toward your personal, social, professional, and life goals.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Don’t let your mental health control your life. If you are suffering from a nervous breakdown, and you have not yet found a solution, we invite you to take the next step with us. You deserve to live your best life.
We’re here for you…call us today.